2018-2019 Student Body Officers share their campaigning experiences

Brynlee Case, News Editor

After a long week of campaigning for students, the new Student Body Officers have been voted in. Jaylee Moulton is the new Student Body President, Daegan Simpson is her Vice President, Lauren Preece is the Secretary, Katie Jensen is Treasurer, Lauren Anderson as Chief Justice, Jovanny Garcia as Historian, and Porter Williams as the Activity Leader.

These students had to go through a week of campaigning which included stressing over how to get people’s votes. A few of the candidates ran unopposed as well so the week was not as stressful for them as it was for others.

“Campaign week was horrible. I’m so glad I don’t have to campaign ever again. It is just terrible to not know if all that hard work you’re putting into your campaign was all worth it or not,” Jaylee Moulton (11) said.

“I was nervous, in all honest,” Katie Jensen (11) said.

Some of the others thought it was a fun week campaigning because they got to do it with friends and meet new people.

“I campaigned with Katie Jensen and we had a blast. I ran unopposed for most of the week, so I wasn’t stressed,” Lauren Preece (11) said.

“I thought campaigning week was so fun! I met so many new and awesome people throughout the week!” Lauren Anderson (11) said.

After the new Student Body found out that they won, there were many emotions and thoughts that went through their minds. Some said they felt relieved that all the hard work wasn’t all for nothing while others said they were excited.

“When I won, mostly I was relieved. Later, when I finally realized I was Student Body President, I got more and more excited,” Moulton said.

They all said they were excited to start and a few already had plans in mind for what they wanted to implement into the next school year.

“My plans are to continue the school traditions, such as first of the year tug-of-war and powderpuff, but also to increase school pride as much as possible,” Moulton said.

“As Activity Leader, I’m going to try to make the assemblies more enjoyable, and the music at school dances better,” Porter Williams (11) said.

“I want to take part in making high school memorable for everyone, including myself,” Preece said.