Trunk or treat big success

SWOOSH. Basketball Players Cayden Cornell(11), Trevor Miller(12), and Dylan Fuller(12) converse with a trick or treater.

Ahna Yancey, Staff Reporter

On Halloween this year many students participated in a trunk or treat at Tadd Jenkins’ Ford Dealership. Tadd Jenkins, who donated a 2017 Ford Fiesta to the school earlier in the year, asked that some of the students come help pass out candy at his trunk or treat.  Almost every club and sports team contributed  students to pass out candy.  There were so many students helping that they were able to have students giving out candy on 25-30 trucks..

The dealership provided trucks as well as candy for the students to use. They spent about $2,500 on candy.  Lots of people came early to decorate their trucks to make the trunk or treat as Halloweeny as possible. For example,  Volleyball’s truck had a theme of Monster’s University with Kyah Henderson(10) dressed up as Sully.

Buck the Bronco made an appearance at the trunk or treat. He passed out candy with the cheerleaders. Many kids who had recognized him from games this fall enjoyed seeing him.

Not only did the kids have fun getting candy, but the students had fun passing it out.

“It was so fun to see all the kids dress up and come,” Maggie Hepworth(10) said.

“Passing out candy to the kids was really enjoyable because I know they look up to us high schoolers,” Shakayla Morgan(11) said.