It will be a Spook-tacular night!

It will be a Spook-tacular night!

Brynlee Case, Staff Reporter

There is a night where everyone is someone else or something else. A night where they can be whoever they want to be for one night and one night only. A night where people can beg for candy and will not get judged for it. This night is Halloween.

Halloween is a European tradition that has been celebrated for centuries. In the 20th century, it became a holiday celebrated throughout the United States.

Halloween has many traditions that have evolved over the years. The traditional customs include trick-or-treating, pumpkin carving, parties, pranking people, dressing up in costumes, and going to haunted houses.

“I think pranking is pretty fun and then going with friends and doing it, that’s fun. I think it’s fun being with friends and having fun,” Michaela Eldredge (11) said.

Students’ plans for Halloween vary between pranking other students, trick-or-treating, going to haunted attractions, hanging out with friends, and staying home to watch scary movies and hand out candy.

Avery Brown (11) is going to go to her grandma’s house to make popcorn balls then go to the Haunted Pirate Ship on Halloween.

Tucker Henderson (12) said he is going to light up two giant metal pumpkins – one is a Jack Skellington and the other is a normal jack-o-lantern. He said his family has been doing this for six years.

Halloween has become a night to do crazy activities that many wouldn’t normally do.  Henderson said the past two years on Halloween his brother and sister-in-law egged his house and he stole his brother’s dog on Halloween for the past two years.

“Me and my friend dressed up scary and scared a bunch of kids. I felt really bad, but it was funny,” Isabelle Hyde (9) said.

Dante Vitelli (9) said that he went toilet papering once.

Students want to do even crazier outings on Halloween sometime in the future.

“[I want to] be a part of a haunted house and scare kids. I bet it’d be funny seeing their reactions,” Tylar Dalley (9) said.

“I want to go toilet paper someone, so bad,” Brown said.

Hyde wants to go to a super scary haunted house attraction.

Even though Halloween has been a holiday that many look forward to, students think that it was more fun when they were younger than it is in high school.

“It is just another day to me, now,” Brown said. “When I was young, I got to dress up and beg people for candy.”

“I looked forward [to Halloween] more when I was younger, but now it is a time to have fun with my friends,” Eldredge said.