The BroncWriter

The Student News Site of Blackfoot High School

The BroncWriter

The BroncWriter

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Tanisha Coffey

Tanisha Coffey

Miss Coffey is a new teacher here at BHS. In fact, she attended BHS as a student and graduated in 2018. After she graduated high school, she started college at BYUI where she found she wanted to be a teacher at the end of her freshman year. Then she finished her education at University of Idaho.

She decided to come back to Blackfoot High School because she would say BHS is an “absolute delight!”. She also wanted to see the “aha moments of students” in which she loves because she wants students here to be successful in life, and she believes that education is very important.

Coffey is a very interesting person to get to know. In fact, she has many hidden talents and interests. She did not learn her ABC’s because she said that saying it backwards was easier. She also would love to have a pet flamingo(the pinker, the better). Her favorite pickup line was when a guy came and told her that he loves going on adventures and would love it if she were his next. With that being said, she wants to visit all the historical sites located in the US, and if there is  enough time, she would love to go to Germany. Lastly, she loves spicy food, and is always looking for a new challenge.

One of her major accomplishments was when she was the first person in her family to graduate with a bachelor’s degree. Because she is proud of that, she wants to help create a successful life for her students. One of her favorite quotes is,”If you aren’t willing to learn then no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.”

Lastly, her advice to students is,”you owe it to yourself to be the best you can, others are watching you. You expect so much from others, expect the same from yourself”.