School lunch names bring uniqueness to school

Breanna Beck, Staff Reporter

Built-like-a-Bulldog corndog! No-drama green beans! Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho sloppy joe!

If you’ve heard these or other unique names for lunches then you’ve been at Blackfoot High School. Lately, the school lunches have been announced using descriptions that are out-of-the-ordinary and frankly unrelated to the food they’re paired with. With the end of the school year nearing, it’s no wonder the names are getting a little wild.

However, it seems to give new life to the lunch room. Who isn’t more intrigued by ‘One overdramatic cheese stick’ than just a plain, old string cheese? Or a ‘turbocharged chicken patty’ versus a normal chicken burger? You see, when fun adjectives are added to certain things, it fascinates the human mind.

In some of the descriptions though, it brings confusion. When I hear ‘acres of baby bakers,’ that doesn’t mean food to me. It’s supposed to represent mini potatoes but it brings an image of a wide-eyed baby in my mind: NOT a potato. I see that it rhymes, but at some point, it just doesn’t make sense.

‘Bee’s Knees steamed peas.’ What does that mean? Am I eating a mix of yellow-and-black flying insects and vegetables?  I don’t know about that, but I do know that it makes me question what I’m ingesting.

All in all, the school lunch names are getting a little peculiar to say the least. They bring some confusion, but they also bring new excitement and energy.