Payson Mills signs for college

Cason Zehntner, Staff Reporter

It takes a lot for a big fish to be noticed in a small pond, but that is what just happened for Payson Mills (12).

Mills, a pitcher for the Blackfoot baseball team, signed his National Letter of Intent to play baseball for Blue Mountain Community College.

Payson, who has always wanted to play baseball since he “watched his dad play when he was doing softball,” now gets to fulfill his dream at this college and be “one of those guys.”

For wanting to go to BMCC, Payson says that not only does he want to go play college baseball, but that he also wants to make a career of baseball. Finally, he just wants to get a college education as it is “one of the easiest ways to do it.”

Besides going to BMCC for athletics, Mills also wants to “make new friends, and have a fun time while I’m at college.”

After college, Mills wants to “go out of state and then go get my doctorate in physical therapy, so I’ll be a physical therapist and then be what everyone else wants.”

With a long way to go before officially becoming a Timberwolf, Mills still has plenty of hope for this upcoming season, his last year, of high school baseball.

“I just want to make the best of it and have a state title under my belt,” Mills said, “and just have fun with everyone else here at the high school.”