Blackfoot hunting

throw on your camo its hunting season

Jace Robinson (J.K.Robin) and

In the fall students put aside their pencils and books exchanging them for rifles and bows. Some families hunt for sport when others are getting ready for winter with an elk to feed the family. The residents of Blackfoot, young or old, can partake in the age-old tradition of hunting.

According to a school survey approximately 1 out of every 5 students at Blackfoot have hunted before, and 1 out of every 8 students have been hunting for over 5 years. Hunting is prevalent in Idaho and puts us apart from larger cities who never get the opportunity to hunt.

Using rifles, bows and knives, the equipment used varies from person. But a few essentials that most all student hunters carry include, jackets, water, flashlight, and beef jerky. Some carry duck whistles and even first aid kits.

Ranging from out of state all the way to Island Park, hunters have their own personal place to hunt. Using camo and/or equipment for overnight, Idaho changes into a hub for all hunters to gather.

“Hunting is just a good activity,” Cody Friedel (10) said, “it gets me off the couch and its really a fun sport.” Friedel hunts with his family yearly; he said it’s a good way to relive stress and grow closer to your family.